Subject: Re: Hello, thanks, and some comments
To: russ <russ@seismo.demon.co.uk>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/06/1996 18:11:33
> Is MacBSD's SCSI driver a ground-up construct or a partial takeover?

It is a ground-up construct.  Actually, there have been a couple...
There are two available in the tree right now--each with problems.
Unfortunately, I lack a ZIP or Syquest to reproduce the problems on
and no one who has been able to reproduce the problems has made any
attempt (that I know of) to track down the source of the problems.

> I suspect that
> given just a few more HOW-TOs, and a wider distribution of them, MacBSD
> could quickly find itself on the verge of major take-up.  [Yes, I'm
> willing to add another stone to the cairn!  Any suggestions?]  I wonder
> how much could be 'borrowed' (with appropriate credit, of course!) from
> the general NetBSD and Linux HOW-TOs.

Please!  Work on it!  Work on coordinating it!  I'd like to see it as
much as anyone else.  :-)  I'd also like to see someone step forward
to whip the www pages into shape.  They are waaaay out of date and I've
not got the talent or time to fix that as it should be fixed...

> I don't suppose there's any chance of dial-on-demand working, is there?

I think it's possible by using the tun0 driver, but I don't know any
more than that.  :-(

-allen

--
  Allen Briggs - end killing - briggs@bev.net ** MacBSD == NetBSD/mac68k **