Subject: Help NSF and cdrom
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Christopher R. Bowman <crb@eng.umd.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/06/1996 03:50:04
I have a FreeBSD cdrom that I want to use to bootstrap a pentium, and the
way I wanted to do it was by slapping my cdrom drive into my IIci, and have
netbsd NFS export the cdrom drive.  Well so much for the theory!  I created
a dir /cdrom then I typed mount -t cd9660 -o ro /dev/cd0a /cdrom and things
seemed ok, I did a ls of /cdrom and there were all the files like they
should be.  I could even cat a couple and look at the the directories.  So
then I add an /cdrom -alldirs -maproot=0 192.42.172.1 192.42.172.5 to my
exports file and try to mount from a NeXT on the network (192.42.172.1)
with the PC (192.42.172.5) but supprise the NeXT doesn't see any of the
files on the cdrom, just the empty /cdrom directory that I created as a
mount point for the cd on the netbsd machine.  The NeXT sees the rest of
the nfs exported files from the netbsd machine, but not the /cdrom files.
What gives? it seems that NFS will only let me export files on the root
partition.  How can I export this cdrom?

Your help is greatly appreciated

---------
Christopher R. Bowman
crb@eng.umd.edu