Subject: Re: zsh - vt emulation
To: Julian Bean <jules@mailbox.co.uk>
From: Bernard Gardner <B.Gardner@eng.usyd.edu.au>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/06/1996 15:57:52
On Mar 6,  1:22, Julian Bean wrote:
> Subject: Re: zsh - vt emulation

> zsh is expecting (it's hard-coded into zle_main.c, for those with a copy of
> the source handy) "^[[" to introduce an arrow key, followed by {A,B,C,D},
> whilst apparently both the console and dt send "^[O"{A,B,C,D}.
>
> Does anyone understand this discrepance.  Valtteri Vuorikoski says that dt
> can be re-configured by #defining PRESENTATION in config.h, but I am
> intrigued as to what the 'standard' is here, and who is 'wrong'.

Further to my previous message, I've just confirmed that the vt220 here can
also send <ESC>0{ABCD}, it's just a matter of the cursor key settings in the
terminal options.

In application cursor key mode, the keys send the 0 version
In normal cursor key mode, they send the [ version.

I'm glad I hesitated to label anyone as wrong ;)

This is a case where both are equally correct, on the real thing, this is
changed by hitting F3, and going through the configuration options, maybe this
should be changeable by an ioctl on /dev/ite0? Hell, maybe it already is.

Bernard.