Subject: Re: MacBSD with SyQuest 270 removable
To: Miyakawa Makoto <miyakawa@gol.com>
From: Adam Forsyth <forsytad@martin.luther.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/05/1996 18:23:53
On Wed, 6 Mar 1996, Miyakawa Makoto wrote:

> At 21:31 96.03.04 -0500, Trevor Zion Bauknight wrote:
> >>The problem is that the kernel has problems with SyQuests. Allen Briggs has
> >>confirmed this, so it is a known problem, I think it all comes down to the
> >>new and improved (yeah right ;-) SCSI driver.
> >
> >Hmm...okay I went back and picked up the 1.1 release Kernel and installed
> >it on a clean file system, along with the base11 and etc11 packages.

> Hi Trevor Zion Bauknight,
> You've tried several kernel with SyQuest and almost same problem has
> come. Doesn't SCSI driver now agree with it?
>
> I suspected it was a file system problem when I created it on SyQuest.
> However, it was a known problem!
> Where did you get message mentioned that?

Would I likely have this problem with an Syquest EZ135?  I'm having some
luck, but not complete.  My other potential for problem is that my system
is a PowerBook, and thats booting on console. Just wanted to ask incase
its completely obvious to someone that an EZ will have problems too.
Then I won't spend tons of time trying to find the problem in the ttys,
and elsewhere.

,oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
0       Adam Forsyth        0                                0
0  Luther College SPO 713   0   e-mail: forsytad@luther.edu  0
0    Decorah IA  52101      0    phone: (319) 387-2489       0
0oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo0
0    web: http://www.lookup.com/Homepages/73086/home.html    0
`oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo'