Subject: IIx SCSI Unknown error 80
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Peter Loron <peterl@diver.ocean.washington.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/05/1996 12:47:33
I've got NetBSD 1.1 installed on my IIX (5/160). I am getting an error in
both boot modes (explained in more detail below):

sd0(ncrscsi0:0:0): Unknown error 80

Things are the same regardless of the presence of my ethernet card. I
used the APS PowerTools 4.01 formatter to format/partition the disk. I
got no errors when using the Mac-based mkfs and installer utilities. Any
ideas?

Single User Mode:
I can boot into single user mode ok, but after dinking around for a while
(5-10 min) I get the error. I can run fsck and it says that things are ok.

Multi-user:
Things (as far as I know) go ok in the boot process untill we get into
the Autmoatic boot process section:
[fsck does its thing]
setting tty flags
starting network
add host myname.my.domain: gateway localhost
sd0(ncrscsi0:0:0): Unknown message 80

-Peter Loron