Subject: Re: ADB interface
To: Adam Forsyth <forsytad@martin.luther.edu>
From: John P. Wittkoski <jpw@insoft.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/04/1996 13:36:56
On Mon, 4 Mar 1996, Adam Forsyth wrote:

> My guess is that the display is pretty close to working if it isn't
> already.  When i boot with JPW's kernel, and don't put it to a serial
> console, It will boot  on my PB screen, and asks for my terminal type.
> the problem is that the adb isn't there so I cannot answer it.

Sounds like you are booting with ADBTEST#110 and attempting to boot into
single user mode?

Anyway, my ADB code does not currently support the PowerBook ADB format.
I am actively working on the code for the II ADB format right now. I have
done a little experimentation into the PB format with not much progress yet.
The interface is much different than the II or IIsi type of interface.

If anyone has any hints on how the PowerBook Power Manager hardware works,
send me email.

	--John

 John Wittkoski				InSoft, Inc.
 Senior Systems Engineer                Phone: (717) 730-9501
 Email: jpw@insoft.com                  Fax  : (717) 730-9504