Subject: Re: Need help taking apart Tsunami drive!
To: David Wasser <DWass@valhalla.rhein-main.de>
From: Monroe Williams <monroe@teleport.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/04/1996 11:49:14
David Wasser writes:
>Sorry for the (seriously) off-topic post, but since I've got an appropriate
>audience I figger'd I'd use the opportunity. Hope you don't mind.
>
>I've taken apart my LaCie Tsunami drive to replace the guts with a bigger
>drive. It took a while to figure out how to get the case open, and I've
>disconnected everything I can see to disconnect. I still can't get the
>*@#$%! drive out!
>
>Is there anyone out there who has done this before and can give me some help??

(This is from memory, since I'm at work at the moment.)

The Tsunami drive has the mechanism attached to a metal plate which in
turn clips to the plastic case.  If I remember right, you slide the
plate & mechanism 1/4 to 1/2 inch in some direction and it comes lose.
There may be a catch holding the thing in place that needs to be held
apart with a screwdriver or something.  I'll take a look at my old
Tsunami case when I get home and make sure this is correct.

- monroe
Monroe Williams                                      monroe@teleport.com