Subject: Re: serial console on printer port
To: Steve B <srb93@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/04/1996 09:28:08
> I cannot get a serial boot from the printer port on my Classic II either
> - it appears to be trying to boot to a local console when set to use the
> printer port for booting. I'm using booter 1.8 and I've had to stick my
> modem on the printer port as well so I can have my vt100 on the serial
> port so I can boot up.

This problem is strange. In my testing, serial console worked on
both ports (on my IIsi). We have no indication that there is any
difference between serial ports on any non-PowerPC models, except those
with only one serial port (in which case we don't really know what
happens).

For those having problems, does serial echo work? Also, look at the
variables passed by the booter to the kernel, and tell me what
the values for SERIALCONSOLE and SERIALECHO are.

Thanks!

Bill