Subject: Re: LCII and ADBTEST110
To: Markus Hitter <M.Hitter@trier.fh-rpl.de>
From: John P. Wittkoski <jpw@insoft.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/04/1996 09:36:31
On Sun, 3 Mar 1996, Markus Hitter wrote:

> The ADBTEST110 is the best kernel I ever tested on my LCII. Here some of the
> console messages while booting:
>
> > pmap bootstrapped
> > Moving ROMBase from 0x40a0000 to 0x1b8000
> > Video address 0x50f4000 -> 0x8b80000
>
> Here the boot process pauses for about 3 minutes ?!?

Anyone know why it would pause here for so long??? (I would have hit the
reset button long before three minutes!)

> > adb: calling ADBReinit
> > adb: Hardware support type unknown for this machine
> > adb: adb support is disabled

If you have time, try the #111 kernel. With any luck, it will find the ADB
devices themselves instead of skipping the ADB setup.

> > mainbus0 (root)
> > ite0 at mainbus0 (minimal console)
> > adb0 at mainbus0 (ADB event device)
> > ser0 at mainbus0
> > nubus0 at mainbus0
> > grf0 at mainbus0: 640x480 monochrome...
> > ncrscsi0 at mainbus0
> > scsibus0 at ncrscsi0

This is where it normally locates the SCSI devices.

> I'm now near to the login prompt, right? What should happen now? Could
> there be a configuration problem?

Close, but it looks like there is trouble finding the SCSI devices and
it never comes into multi user mode.

	--John

 John Wittkoski				InSoft, Inc.
 Senior Systems Engineer                Phone: (717) 730-9501
 Email: jpw@insoft.com                  Fax  : (717) 730-9504