Subject: Re: ADB interface
To: Brian Wimberly <brianw@scripps.edu>
From: Adam Forsyth <forsytad@martin.luther.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/04/1996 10:16:59
On Sun, 3 Mar 1996, Brian Wimberly wrote:

> I understand that it's likely to take some time to develop a kernel that
> will work with the ADB interface on many 68030 macs, eg the
> powerbook 170 I'm using.
>
> Is it a matter of writing code for a single ADB interface, or is there some
> chance that some parts will work while others won't? For example,
> is there any chance someone could get the powerbook display working,
> but not the keyboard or mouse? And (to add supposition on supposition)

My guess is that the display is pretty close to working if it isn't
already.  When i boot with JPW's kernel, and don't put it to a serial
console, It will boot  on my PB screen, and asks for my terminal type.
the problem is that the adb isn't there so I cannot answer it.

 ,oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
0       Adam Forsyth        0                                0
0  Luther College SPO 713   0   e-mail: forsytad@luther.edu  0
0    Decorah IA  52101      0    phone: (319) 387-2489       0
0oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo0
0    web: http://www.lookup.com/Homepages/73086/home.html    0
`oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo'