Subject: ADB interface
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Brian Wimberly <brianw@scripps.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/03/1996 21:14:32
I understand that it's likely to take some time to develop a kernel that
will work with the ADB interface on many 68030 macs, eg the
powerbook 170 I'm using.

Is it a matter of writing code for a single ADB interface, or is there some
chance that some parts will work while others won't? For example,
is there any chance someone could get the powerbook display working,
but not the keyboard or mouse? And (to add supposition on supposition)
I can imagine that one could have a situation in which an external keyboard
and an external mouse could be plugged into the serial ports, which would
allow some degree of portability for a PowerBook MacBSD system. You see,
what I'd really like to have is a MacBSD system for the road.

As I mentioned earlier, I'm willing to help however I can, but my budget and
lack of programming skills will grossly limit how I can help. All suggestions
welcome!

Brian