Subject: Re: Ethernet card status report
To: Brad Salai <bsalai@cyber3.servtech.com>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/03/1996 18:05:06
> I am going to try the Focus card that was not working again now
> that I have removed the Samsung video card that was conflicting
> with it, just to make sure I understand, it's ok to have 64k? but
> the upper 32 won't be recoginzed. Or should we keep it under 32k??

The upper 32k just won't be recognized.  I might take a look at this
again sometime, but this would probably be something relatively easy
that someone with a 64k card could do relatively easily and ask someone
else with a 16k or 32k card to test.

> This is broken on the MacII as well, I put a couple of printf's
> in via.c,, and found that it enters enable_nubus_intr(void), but
> hangs there.

If you put a bit more debugging in, you'll probably find it actually
hanging in via2_nubus_intr().

> This seems like good info, any ideas about how to fix it?

Other than properly loading the cards' drivers from them and running the
proper interrupt routines, I don't know, and that will probably have
some "fun" problems...  It would be _very_ nice if someone would pick
this project up.  I think a couple of people started to, but I've not
heard anything in a while.

-allen

--
  Allen Briggs - end killing - briggs@bev.net ** MacBSD == NetBSD/mac68k **