Subject: Re: Need help taking apart Tsunami drive!
To: David Wasser <DWass@valhalla.rhein-main.de>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/03/1996 13:01:20

> Sorry for the (seriously) off-topic post, but since I've got an appropriate
> audience I figger'd I'd use the opportunity. Hope you don't mind.
>
> I've taken apart my LaCie Tsunami drive to replace the guts with a bigger
> drive. It took a while to figure out how to get the case open, and I've
> disconnected everything I can see to disconnect. I still can't get the
> *@#$%! drive out!
>
> Is there anyone out there who has done this before and can give me some help??

I've never tried it in a Tsunami, but I have dealt with a number of
drives which hide the screws under the plastic feet on the side of the
drive. An APS we have at work does this. Push the feet off, and you might
find the screws. Note: I'm thinking about the drives where the feet are
partly on the side, and partly on the bottom. If the feet are totally on
the bottom, they might be glued on, so pushing them off would be bad.

Take care,

Bill