Subject: how to turn internal video support off on a IIci
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG, briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
From: Peter Kelm <kelm@physik.TU-Berlin.DE>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/03/1996 00:43:57
Hello out there,
is there anyone who can tell me how to turn off internal video support on
a IIci? In the moment I use a SuperMac Spectrum/24 Series V video board.
It works if I connect a monitor to the internal video port. If I use the
video card as primary video (MacOS Menubar onthe monitor connected to the
card) it fails. Gets broken if I start X. It seems as if the technical
data of the primary monitor (resolution) is assigned to the internal
port. But this device is not able to handle 1024x768!!! In the meantime I
faked a monitor connected to internal video. But this kind of workaround
is far from leaving me satisfied. Any idea?

Then good news: a Logitech MouseMan works great for me (THREE Buttons, oh
how I love it!)

Bye                                 Peter

         --- beam me up Scotty, this planet sucks ---
                                                        Plan B
Peter Kelm (kelm@physik.tu-berlin.de)

Technical University Berlin
Physics Department