Subject: Re: Duo 230 and MacBSD, same here
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG, briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
From: Markus Hitter <M.Hitter@trier.fh-rpl.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/02/1996 20:39:53
On Mar 1,  9:23pm, Rich Ervin wrote:
> Subject: Re: Duo 230 and MacBSD, same here
> Bill Studenmund wrote:
> DUH!!  I don't know what's the matter with me!  I have a 486 right here
> on my desk.  How about a cross-compiler for my 486?  That would be the
> ideal!

It's not hard to build a cross-compiler on any machine supported by GNU gcc. I
won't bore all with the description, so drop me a line if you're interested.

>   Two questions:
>     Does NetBSD have a utility for non-destructively splitting a drive?

Probably not, but I've heard some MacOS disk partitioner can do that job.

>     How much space do I need for minimum NetBSD + cross-compiler?

Around 19megs for the sources and one kernel, if you remove the stuff for the
other architectures. 3.5megs for the binaries on a RS6000, for a i386 machine 2
megs should be sufficient.

>     Does anyone have an ALREADY working version of this that is know to
> work for kernels?

Yes, for RS6000

> Thanks,
> Rich
Thanks, too
Markus

 Markus Hitter                 email: hitterm@trier.fh-rpl.de
                               WWW: http://www.trier.fh-rpl.de/~hitterm
 Trier (Germany)               Voice: ++49/0651/828172