Subject: Re: any success with serial boot on PB 170?
To: Scott Reynolds <scottr@edsi.org>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/01/1996 17:54:03
> Worth noting:  I've had a horrendous time getting the serial console
> running from the "printer" port.  I've given up and moved my modem there,
> and put my terminal on the "modem" port.

Huh? What kind of computer do you have? A PB 170? From NetBSD's point
of view, they both work the same. If one works, the other should.

The only possible hang-ups would be either if you had different
settings in /etc/ttys for instance, turning getty on on one and not
the other, or turning getty on on the console and on the tty you put
the console on.

The other problem might be power-conservation hardware in the PB.

take care,

Bill