Subject: Re: any success with serial boot on PB 170?
To: Brian Wimberly <brianw@scripps.edu>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@edsi.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/01/1996 17:27:30
On Fri, 1 Mar 1996, Brian Wimberly wrote:

> Boot messages appear on the PB screen, and it gets as far as asking for which
> shell I want ("enter path of shell or type return for sh). Nothing appears
> on the 486
> screen. Neither keyboard does anything useful, and both machines lock up and
> have to be rebooted.

Worth noting:  I've had a horrendous time getting the serial console
running from the "printer" port.  I've given up and moved my modem there,
and put my terminal on the "modem" port.

I'm running Booter 1.8, and I've triple checked the settings in the
Options -> Booting dialog to no avail.  I don't really have the time to
investigate this at the moment, unfortunately.

--scott