Subject: any success with serial boot on PB 170?
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Brian Wimberly <brianw@scripps.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/01/1996 09:11:21
Has anyone successfully booted MacBSD 1.1 on a PB 170 from the serial console?

I finally got around to trying this on my PB 170. I was careful to disable
RAM doubler, etc. I used a null modem cable connection to my 486 (thanks
to those of you who offered advice on this).

Boot messages appear on the PB screen, and it gets as far as asking for which
shell I want ("enter path of shell or type return for sh). Nothing appears
on the 486
screen. Neither keyboard does anything useful, and both machines lock up and
have to be rebooted.

Perhaps I should try a more recent kernel version?

Brian