Subject: Re: Sorry for the spam, but I have another one
To: <>
From: Rick C. Petty <pett0019@gold.tc.umn.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/29/1996 13:27:02
On Wed, 28 Feb 1996, Ken Nakata wrote:

> > What I was wondering is: if I want to have no Mac OS partition on my
> > drive (one of the FAQs said this will work), what do I need to do?
>
> It works only if:
> 	a) you have some means to boot MacOS (CD-ROM or floppy), AND
> 	b) you have access to the MacBSD booter (floppy, AppleTalk,
> 	or CD-ROM).
>
> We don't have a bootstrap loader which directly boots NetBSD instead
> of MacOS (yet).

I was working intensively on this project, but ran into some SCSI
problems (couldn't get my SCSI code to work).  Mr. Briggs was helping me
test & he's very busy.  So, if anybody wants to help with my SCSI code,
let me know & we may have a bootstrap loader in the near future!

--Rick C. Petty,  aka Snoopy
 email: pett0019@gold.tc.umn.edu, pett0019@itlabs.umn.edu
   WWW:     http://www.itlabs.umn.edu/~pett0019/