Subject: Ethernet card status report
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Josh Moyer <jmoyer@genesis.tiac.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/29/1996 01:56:12
Machine: LC 520 w/FPU in motherboard socket
Kernel: 1.1 dist except for ser.c, which was updated to support a serial console
Card: It's labeled as an Asante Tech, Inc. (c) 1993 MacLC III Rev. D (had a
sticker over MacLC III which said AsanteLite)
Chipset: DP830902AV, with 64K(?!) of RAM (if I'm reading the RAM chips
correctly - there are two of them, both labelled MS62256L-70)
Kernel Crashes at:
ae0 at nubus0: address 00:00:94:45:1f:6c, type MacCon LC III, 32k mem

In an earlier message (Date: 11 Feb 1996 14:27:06 -0500, Subject: Re: LCIII
Ethernet) Allen said:

>There might also be some issue with clearing interrupts properly on the
>LCIII.

As the LC 520 uses an LC III PDS would the same apply?  Anyone have any
ideas about getting it to work?  If I can't get it to work them I'm just
gonna rebuild my kernel without Ethernet support, as I don't want to have
to remove/replace the card every time I boot into NetBSD or MacOS.

  SMTP/MIME:  jmoyer@genesis.tiac.net  |   Show your dogcow that you love it;
    http://genesis.tiac.net/jmoyer/    |     give it a can of Mountain Dew.