Subject: Re: Mac II and no PMMU = no boot?
To: Kevin Radke <radke@cpre1.ee.iastate.edu>
From: Ken Nakata <kenn@eden.rutgers.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/28/1996 19:11:08
> I hope to release a test kernel with my changes sometime this
> weekend (Time permitting).

I'd rather have the source, please :-)

> I haven't run any benchmarks, but the system doesn't feel a whole
> lot faster.  (This is probably due to my overly generous cache
> flushes, and the fact that my machine pages a lot with only 8 meg of
> memory)

I never understood why cache flush is needed at all.  Any secondary
cache for 030 works with the physical address which makes (at least
seems to me) it unnecessary to flush it when kernel switches context.
Also, Mac has no DMA which may cause cache incoherency problems.

Could anyone explain this to me?

ken