Subject: Re: Duo 230 and MacBSD, same here
To: E. Hoenkamp NICI.home <edh@sci.kun.nl>
From: Richard Ervin <rervin@oasis.novia.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/28/1996 09:30:32
> >After a number of fruitless attempts at running MacBSD on my Duo 230,
> >I finally gave up.
> Rich - I own a Duo and gave up too. Everyday I see this endless list of
> incremental improvements, and I got somewhat frustrated. I lack the
> knowledge to actually do kernel adjustments for the Duo. Edward.
I know how to do the kernel adjustments, but I don't have access to a Mac
that I can use to do it on.  I had considered attempting to use a cross
compiler, but I was concerned that the results wouldn't be very useful without
a benchmark system.

One person on this  group had offered me some space at one time, but I
never heard back from him about getting account access.

Hey, I just remembered!  My ISP just switched to a Sun system (5.4)!

Somebody out there has got a cross-compiler.  Is it good enough to make
test kernels?  If so, how can I get a binary copy?

Also, does anyone have a MacBSD system that I could use to compile test
kernels on?  This  Duo thing has been going on for some time, and doesn't
appear to be getting anywhere.  There are lots of Duo's out there that
would make great, LOW COST portable BSD systems if we could just get a basic
kernel running on it!

Thanks,
Rich Ervin