Subject: Re: file system problem...
To: Jell-O <wookie@us.net>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/26/1996 22:04:11
> When I'm just about done booting-up, the fsck runs and says
> that /dev/sd2a is not clean.  So I run fsck and the file system gets marked
> as being clean.  I reboot and the same thing happens.  What to do?

If you are running fsck with the filesystem mounted r/o and you are
doing a clean shutdown, then I suggest that you run "fsck -c 2 /dev/sd2a"
from single-user mode and then reboot.  That will update your filesystem
so that the installer won't work well with it, but it should fix this
annoyance.

> Also, I'm currently only using one hard disk which is my root device.  It's
> labelled as /dev/sd2a.  From what I've seen in the past, most root devices
> are usually /dev/sd0a.  Is this a sign of a problem? or not?

That should be no problem whatsoever.  :-)

-allen

--
  Allen Briggs - end killing - briggs@bev.net ** MacBSD == NetBSD/mac68k **
   Where does all my time go?  <a href="http://www.netbsd.org/">Guess.</a>