Subject: PPP success
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Julian Bean <jules@mailbox.co.uk>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/22/1996 19:58:27
Just thought I'd brighten the newsgroup with a bit of good news:

Not only does PPP happily work between my ISP and my LCIII/BSD via my 14.4K
modem, but I am able to run PPP over a null-modem (read: stylewriter) cable
between my LCIII and my PowerMac/System7.5, *and* get all the routing set
up nicely so that they are both on the 'net properly.

They do both have static addresses, which helps.

I haven't really stress-tested it, and the PPP link between LC and PowerMac
is only 19.2K as I don't particularly want to stress out the LC, which is
trying hard to sup.  But I can run netscape, telnet and Eudora on the
Powermac, no trouble at all.

Jules (Happy, for once ;-)

P.S. I had to add a static route to the ISP's terminal server/router beast
so that the outside world could find me.  Am I right in thinking that I
wouldn't have had to do this if routed wasn't running '-q' on the LCIII?  I
don't really want to experiment *right now* !

|  Jelibean aka  | jules@mailbox.co.uk           |  6 Evelyn Road      |
|  Julian Bean   |(jelibean@jmlbhome.demon.co.uk)|  TW9 2TF    *UK*    |
|  The Other Place - n. (pop.) Depending on the affiliation of the     |
|  speaker, one of Oxford, Cambridge, The House of Lords, The House of |
|  Commons, Hell.  Draw your own conclusions.                          |