Subject: Sup errors
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Julian Bean <jules@mailbox.co.uk>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/22/1996 08:55:29
Well, I thought that the new serial drivers would allow me to complete a
sup without errors.

No such luck.

After about 5 '100 hz hours' - 8 hours or so - my sup process complained
network connection reset by peer; write error.  And then aborted.

This is exactly the same symptoms as I had before, which I ascribed to
lousy serial drivers.

Is it just me, or is SUP too sensitive?  Couldn't it be stateless, and
restart after such an error?

Upgrades of doc work - but allsrc crashes after between 4 an 8 hours.
Sometimes tantalisingly close to finishing.

My next strategy is going to be to suscribe to several smaller collections
rather than allsrc, but does anybody know the origin of the fundamental
problem here?

The irritating thing is that I reckon once the first long SUP was done, the
smaller ones would work....

Frustrated,

Jules

|  Jelibean aka  | jules@mailbox.co.uk           |  6 Evelyn Road      |
|  Julian Bean   |(jelibean@jmlbhome.demon.co.uk)|  TW9 2TF    *UK*    |
|  The Other Place - n. (pop.) Depending on the affiliation of the     |
|  speaker, one of Oxford, Cambridge, The House of Lords, The House of |
|  Commons, Hell.  Draw your own conclusions.                          |