Subject: New serial port driver
To: port-mac68k <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/21/1996 21:35:37
Hello,

I'm working on an even-newer serial port driver which will add one
visable change, and one main invisable change. The visable one is
that we will be able to do hardware input flow control (if the
flow control flags are set right). The invisable change is that
we're adopting a machine-independent driver. We'll be using
the same driver as the sun port (except for the bits which
are mac specific). Hopefully the other ports which use the
same serial chip will switch over. :-)

I'm Emailing to ask what bugs people have seen with the current
serial port driver. If I can reproduce them, I'll try to
stamp them out in the next release.

Take care,

Bill