Subject: Re: relational database.
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Bernhard Fuerst <fuerst@hrz.tu-freiberg.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/21/1996 22:29:46
>Well Now that net bsd is up and stable I think that it is time to start
>making it more useful...
>
>Can anyone tell me if netbsd1.1 includes a relational database?
>
>If it does can anyone tell me where to get some documentation on the package.
>
>If it does not can anyone tell me where to get a package for netbsd
>either freeware or shareware.
>
>What I am looking to do is set up a database to track IP address use in
>our private WAN utilizing a web browser from different sites in the
>network.  I also plan to use the web to make changes in the database.

Very useful program is mSQL with it WWW interface W3-mSQL by David J.
Hughes. URL: http://Hughes.com.au

Demonstration for this (also in changing the database using the web under
this URL: http://www.ix.de/ix/9602158/ (german UNIX magazine)

All this can be found also under
    - http://www.geo.tu-freiberg.de/www-server/msql
                    (manual/faq/description/iX article)
    - ftp://ftp.geo.tu-freiberg.de/pub/unix/ (software)

and applications:
    - http://www.geo.tu-freiberg.de/cgi-bin/w3-msql/institut/projekte/index.html
    - http://www.geo.tu-freiberg.de/adressen/

Greetings,