Subject: Re: Kernel compilation
To: Julian Bean <jules@mailbox.co.uk>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/21/1996 00:05:52
> Originally, it could not find <lib/libkern/libkern.h>, which was included
> by <sys/systm.h>.  'locate' informed me that the only libkern.h on my
> filesystem is /usr/src/sys/lib/libkern/libkern.h

Where are you building?  -I../../../.. should be on your command line,
so <lib/libkern/libkern.h> should be valid.

> A bunch of them, in <sys/systm.h> complain about structs being declared in
> parameter lists, which is only a warning, but bad enough when gcc is run
> with -Werror.

Hmm..  Sounds like you've managed to get partially updated kernel
sources or something like that...  The kernel compile should not
be using any files from /usr/include--just ones under /usr/src/sys
(assuming that you're building there).  Perhaps you could let us
know where your sources came from and send us the command line (as
generated by 'make' and the error messages...

-allen

--
  Allen Briggs - end killing - briggs@bev.net ** MacBSD == NetBSD/mac68k **
   Where does all my time go?  <a href="http://www.netbsd.org/">Guess.</a>