Subject: Re: puny Mac II again
To: David G. Wonnacott <davew@trigati.cs.haverford.edu>
From: Thomas Bjorn Andersen <bjorn@daimi.aau.dk>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/21/1996 00:22:49
>Thanks to those of you who corrected me about the Mac II FPU - I
>opened up the machine, and there was a 68881.  I saw some boot errors
>involving the FPU, and realized I hadn't checked to see if I had an
>FPU - so I (foolishly) assumed that this was the problem.

You might want to check for a MMU. It has a serial no. of something like
68851. The old MacII uses a 68020, which does not have the MMU build in
like the 030 chip.

>The Installation Notes for MacBSD1.1 tell me to check the "diagnostic
>gray bars" box - but I don't see this box on the boot options.

It's sort of outdated. They are using much more usefull debugging info
these days :-)

Best regards,
Thomas

Thomas Bjorn Andersen - bjorn@daimi.aau.dk
http://www.daimi.aau.dk/~bjorn/
I want to be different, like everybody else I want to be like
I want to be just like all the different people...