Subject: Re: puny Mac II again
To: David G. Wonnacott <davew@trigati.cs.haverford.edu>
From: Ken Nakata <kenn@eden.rutgers.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/17/1996 17:20:40
> I sent a week or so ago about problems running mkfs - I finally traced
> this to the fact that my internal disk had SCSI id 3.  I was asked to
> choose a SCSI device, and left the radio button set to 3 (the only
> option), but then got errors including the phrase "SCSIID = 0".
> Changing the SCSI id of the drive to 0 fixed the problem.

That's weird... I haven't had any problem MKFS'ing my disks at
SCSI ID other than 0...

> Sadly, this machine does not have an FPU.  The main MacBSD page
> (http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/mac68k/index.html) states "Work is in
> progress to eliminate the FPU requirement...".  Does anyone know the
> status of this effort?

It's in the current version though FPU emulation is not complete.  If
you install a current snapshot, you might want to use the following
libm (math library) rather than the default one:

ftp://puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us/private/kenn/libm-nomc68881.tar.gz

ken