Subject: Re: [Q]gcc and gnat
To: Coevoet Marc <mcoevoet@vub.ac.be>
From: Mamoru Yamanishi <yama@radical.biotech.okayama-u.ac.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/17/1996 11:51:03
Hi Marc, thanks for your mail.

>> I tried to compile Ada/Ed 1.11.2, that are written in C and
>> can be compled with gcc.  If it work on netbsd/mac68k,
>> I could compile gnat.
>
>After ten days, what does it say?

It can be compiled and seems to work well.
(I did not test with large sources.)

However, It seemed not able to compile gnat.

Robert Dewar told me:
>there is no hope whatsoever of having Ada/ED compile GNAT
>
>For one thing, GNAT is written in Ada 95, Ada/ED in Ada 83.
>
>TO copile GNAT 3.01, you must build a GCC cross-compiler. If you are not
>familiar with GCC, this is probably too difficult for you to attempt.

Therefore I suspended my project.
I wish that anyone could cross compile it.

>Where can I find the sources of this ada?

I have a CD-ROM containing several Ada documents, resources and sources,
which I bought from "Walnut Creek CDROM".  The version I have is the
oldest one.  You can buy newer one form Walnut Creek CDROM.  Please
contact to "info@cdrom.com".

I can also send the source code if you wish.

Mamoru Yamanishi
yama@radical.biotech.okayama-u.ac.jp,
and also yama@cc.okayama-u.ac.jp, JBC00072@niftyserve.or.jp,
or YAMA24.GCJ@applelink.apple.com

Tel: +81-86-251-8196, Fax: +81-86-253-7399(GIII type)

Department of Biotechnology
Faculty of Engineering
Okayama University
Tsushima-Naka, Okayama 700