Subject: Re: Serial speeds, and SCSI probs
To: Aaron S. Magill <amagill@uiuc.edu>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/16/1996 08:06:48
> 57600, as I use it myself right now, but I was wondering if there was a
> reason other than the fact that not all systems (i386 comes to mind)
> support 57600.

38400 probably puts less load on the system than 57600.  I haven't
fooled around with it, myself.

> And second, I supped the kernel sources yesturday (Feb 14) and rebuilt the
> kernel.

Try getting sources from today or yesterday.  I goofed up a change to
disksubr.c a few days ago and you probably got the goofed up version.
Version 1.13 is the latest.

> Then, it locks up.  No debugger, no prompt, no messages, no nutin.

That's real odd.  You should at least get the "press RETURN for /bin/sh"
prompt.

-allen

--
Allen Briggs - end killing - allen.briggs@bev.net ** MacBSD == NetBSD/mac68k **