Subject: Serial speeds, and SCSI probs
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Aaron S. Magill <amagill@uiuc.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/16/1996 02:08:55
This is really two unrelated questions, but it is late, and I don't feel
like seperating it into two messages, so there! ;-)

First, most of the chat/ppp scripts I come across related to macBSD all use
38400 as the baud rate, rather than 57600... I know the kernel will support
57600, as I use it myself right now, but I was wondering if there was a
reason other than the fact that not all systems (i386 comes to mind)
support 57600.

And second, I supped the kernel sources yesturday (Feb 14) and rebuilt the
kernel... now when I boot up, I can get to single user mode, but if I try
to boot into multi-user mode, I get messages about sd0g not being
configured (sd1g and sd2g give me the same problem.).  Next I see messages
about needing to run FSCK by hand (I assume because it can't read the
non-configured sd0,1, and 2)

Then, it locks up.  No debugger, no prompt, no messages, no nutin.

If I go into single user mode and put the old kernel back (backups are
wonderfull!) and then reboot, viola... everything works again.

If it matters, this is running on a Mac IIx w/ 8mb of ram, and three harddrives
(one for / and /usr, one for /var, and one for random data...  The root
drive has 3 partitions (1 mac, 1 / and 1 /usr) and the other 2 just have 1
partition each.)

Any thoughts?

Aaron

--
Aaron Scott Magill                                             amagill@uiuc.edu
}{  "I have SEEN evil!  I have SEEN horror!  I have seen the unholy maggots  }{