Subject: Re: Why not on Mac II FX?
To: None <zucca@augustea.it>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@edsi.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/16/1996 01:15:00
On Thu, 15 Feb 1996, Nicola Zucchini wrote:

> this is the first time I look at Mac-NetBSD and I would like to know
> why this open OS doesn't run on Mac II FX.

Apple, in their infinite wisdom, designed the IIfx with some special
hardware unlike the other II-series machines.  For example, access to
both the serial ports and the SCSI controller is done using proprietary
(and virtually undocumented) hardware.  These two things alone make it
virtually impossible to get a useful port of NetBSD up and running...

--scott