Subject: Ack! Re: Classic Problem
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Schrodinger's Cat <dinger@aracnet.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/15/1996 15:46:41
>This message was just recently changed in the source.  It is quite
>probable that 32-bit addressing hasn't been enabled, if you're getting
>this message.  Verify that the following have been done:
>
> - Turn off virtual memory, including RAM Doubler
> - Using the Memory control panel, turn on 32-bit addressing
> - If necessary for your system, make sure Mode32 is installed
>
>(The last one isn't necessary for your system, if I recall correctly.)
>
>If this doesn't work, I'm not sure where to turn next, but a recent
>kernel might help you out...

Doh, I've only read that in a dozen or so places... *bonk*  OK, that took
care of that problem... still won't boot, seems to be hanging up after it
finds the address of the video.  Anyway, I'm going to try to get the
current version installed... been having trouble getting the installer to
read the files I've downloaded.

To all who responded, thanks for the help... I'll try to keep the
boneheaded questions to a minimum.

--Chris Marklund

|     @-"-@        dinger@aracnet.com                              |
|    (=*'*=)       finger for PGP & other info                     |
|  oOO-\o/-OOo     "Black Holes happened when God divided by Zero."|
|Owned by Ferrets  "Think!  While it's still legal!!"              |