Subject: Netatalk vs CAP and Mac II vs. IIx
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Todd Ferris <tferris@umich.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/15/1996 18:50:46
I am new to this list so I hope I'm not bringing up a common topic...  I
couldn't find any FAQ's addressing these 2 questions:

1)  Has anyone been successful in getting Netatalk to work?  When I read
the description "netatalk is an implementation of the AppleTalk Protocol
Suite for BSD-derived Unix systems", I thought that it might work with
NetBSD...  Has anyone tried it out?

If Netatalk doesn't work, what about CAP?  I saw one message on the list
regarding CAP.  Does it compile "out of the box"?  Is there anyway to
attach a localtalk printer?  or do you need to attach via serial cable?

2)  How much of a speed difference is there between running NetBSD on a Mac
II and a Mac IIx?  I am contemplating the cost of a PMMU vs. a new
motherboard...

Thanks
Todd

Todd Ferris