Subject: Classic Problem
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Schrodinger's Cat <dinger@aracnet.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/14/1996 15:52:26
I'm brand new to this list and to BSD and I'm sure this has been asked
before but I've gone through the FAQs and couldn't seem to find anything to
help me so...

Does anyone know, or has anyone ever gotten the system up and running on a
Classic2?  I've got the 1.1 kernel and base installed and every time I try
to boot I get:

>Bootstraping the pmap system.
>Failure in BSD Boot.  nextpa=0x106000,  high[0]=0x100000
>Panic!  You're Hosed!
>
>Stopped at     _Debugger+0x6  unlk  a6
>db>

and... locked.

Any words of wisdom from all you Gurus out there would be much appreciated.

I'm running system 7.5.1. I'm trying to boot from an external 80MB HD and
the computer has 10M of ram...

Is there any specific system version I should be running?

Anyway thanks in advence for any help.

--Chris Marklund

|     @-"-@        dinger@aracnet.com                              |
|    (=*'*=)       finger for PGP & other info                     |
|  oOO-\o/-OOo     "Black Holes happened when God divided by Zero."|
|Owned by Ferrets  "Think!  While it's still legal!!"              |