Subject: Question on compiling a kernal...
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jason W. Fogt, WWC RCA <jwfogt@midway.uchicago.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/12/1996 21:04:12
Hi everyone.  For the past two days, I have tried (with varying types of
failure) to compile a kernal that has support for more virtual packet
filters (/dev/bpf*).  With various reasons, the seven or so kernals that
I have compiled have died at some point in the boot process.
	I have a IIci, 8M of RAM, and am running NetBSD off of two
external hard drives (SCSI #4 has the root directory, and two partitions
on SCSI #2 have the /var and /usr directories.)  What I am writing for is
the hope that someone has the config file used to build my current
kernal.  Since all I really want to do is increase the number of bpf's
that this kernal supports, I am only going to change one line in the
config file, and having the original config file that this kernal was
built with would be a lot simpler that having to guess at various
parameters until I got lucky.  With that all said, here is the
information on the kernal I am currently running:

NetBSD 1.1A (NFS) #16: Thu Dec 28 18:08:49 PST 1995
    root2@wormhole:/disk2/src/sys/arch/mac68k/compile/NFS

I hope someone has the config file for this kernal, or at least has some
good hints for me on what options I need to set in the config file.

Thanks for your help.

				Jason W. Fogt

(oh, and if you are curious, I need more bpf's for CAP.  I finally got it
to compile, and it works, except it often runs out of bpf's.  )

Jason W. Fogt             |"What then shall we say in response to this -  If
jwfogt@midway.uchicago.edu| God is for us, who can be against us ?" - Rom. 8:31