Subject: Re: SUP and suchlike
To: Julian Bean <jules@mailbox.co.uk>
From: John P. Wittkoski <jpw@insoft.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/12/1996 09:39:15
On Mon, 12 Feb 1996, Julian Bean wrote:

> When I run sup -fv elsie.sup, it claims to be downloading everything newer
> than 1969.  This is probably not good, I guess.  Where do I tell it what
> date my current source is (I think its last friday, but I don't mind
> downloading a day or two too much)?  And a probably related question - what
> is the point of /usr/sup which is so nicely created for me?

I ran into this when I set up sup also. In my case, it was not actually
_downloading_ everything since 1969, it was just requesting everything that
had _changed_ since 1969 (i.e. everything). It then downloads the things
that are newer than what you have on your disk. It puts the 1969 tag on
because you didn't have a previous sup date.

I am probably not explaining this exactly right, but I know for sure that the
first time I ran sup it didn't download everything, even though it said that
it was "requesting changes since 1969"

	--John

 John Wittkoski				InSoft, Inc.
 Senior Systems Engineer                Phone: (717) 730-9501
 Email: jpw@insoft.com                  Fax  : (717) 730-9504