Subject: Problems with X on a IICX
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mattias Palm <mattip@algonet.se>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/12/1996 11:10:42
First I want to thank everybody involved whith the NetBSD-mac port. It is
fun running unix on my old IIcx. It's the first time I try to do anything
more than just USE a unix-system.

My problem is that X11R6 hangs the machine. The first times I tried to
start it after installation it started up OK both with twm and fvwm. Then
suddenly it just hangs after the monitor has turned gray and the x is up. I
tried to reinstall X and it started ok two times and then it hangs again.

I tried both servers on puma. I tried both whithout a .xinitrc and whith a
simple one that just do "xterm &" and "execute twm".

My system: IIcx 8/120. Apple II portrait display card.

I use the relesed version 1.1 of NetBSD. Is there a current one that works
better with a cx and X11R6?

I had some ugly crashes just after installation (fsck found problems a
couple of times). Should I reinstall everything?

Matti Palm________<mailto:mattip@algonet.se>
Homepage__________<http://www.algonet.se/~mattip>
Svenska Dagbladet_<mailto:mattias.palm@svd.se>
finger -l mattip@sophocles.algonet.se for PGP public key.