Subject: SUP and suchlike
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Julian Bean <jules@mailbox.co.uk>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/12/1996 08:14:01
Once more, evening all (its 1:15 am here)

I have, with help from the inestimable Bill Studenmund got ppp working on
my LCIII.  I have now also recompiled gcc 2.7.2 with itself, and ftp'd
/usr/src/Makefile, and the supkit.

I successfully compiled sup, and made myself a supfile (no security stuff -
I'm a good boy ;-).

When I run sup -fv elsie.sup, it claims to be downloading everything newer
than 1969.  This is probably not good, I guess.  Where do I tell it what
date my current source is (I think its last friday, but I don't mind
downloading a day or two too much)?  And a probably related question - what
is the point of /usr/sup which is so nicely created for me?

Cheers (I'm going to bed.  Got to go to work tomorrow[today]).

Jules

P.S.  Oops missed out that damn hyphen in the address

|  Jelibean aka  | jules@mailbox.co.uk           |  6 Evelyn Road      |
|  Julian Bean   |(jelibean@jmlbhome.demon.co.uk)|  TW9 2TF    *UK*    |
|  The Other Place - n. (pop.) Depending on the affiliation of the     |
|  speaker, one of Oxford, Cambridge, The House of Lords, The House of |
|  Commons, Hell.  Draw your own conclusions.                          |