Subject: Re: Still no luck with mounting root
To: Wayland Smith <alannon@cafe.net>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/10/1996 22:46:31
> 	Okay, to date, I have tried 6 different kernels, including one
> compiled for me by scottr, and we have worked out that it's NOT the scsi
> problem people have been having before. It's on a 3 gig drive, and I have
> only 2 a/ux partitions on it (scottr made it clear that only a/ux
> partitions count in NetBSD's limit of 8).  here's a recap of the error I get.

I think scottr is mistaken if he says that only A/UX partitions are
counted in the 8 partition limit on the mac68k.  NetBSD reads the
first 8 partitions and assigns them.  This code does need to change...

Can you tell me how things are partitioned.

-allen

--
Allen Briggs - end killing - allen.briggs@bev.net ** MacBSD == NetBSD/mac68k **
   Where does all my time go?  <a href="http://www.netbsd.org/">Guess.</a>