Subject: Re: Booting multi-user
To: Adam Forsyth , macbsd <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ken Nakata <kenn@romulus.rutgers.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/10/1996 18:17:31
> I have BSD installed on an EZ 135. I have tried using it on my PowerBook
> 165 through a serial console, and I have hooked the EZ up to Someone
> elses IISI.  On both machines it seems to run fine under single user.
> When I try to boot multi user, It seems to freeze either after saying
> time daemontimed, or after building databases...

Do you have an FPU?  If not, it's possible that your IIsi's taking
forever to do something.  However, if the point where it freezes
varies time to time, then there may be another reason or two, or
three.

What if you don't use the serial console?  1.1 runs fine on IIsi
without serial console (i.e. with the internal video and the ADB
devices).

If you're running older 1.0 or 1.0A, I strongly suggest you upgrade
your binaries to 1.1A.  You can get a reasonably current binary
snapshot from ftp://ftp.eskimo.com/u/w/wormey/netbsd/.

ken