Subject: Okay, now on with the problem(s)
To: NetBSD List <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Wayland Smith <alannon@cafe.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/10/1996 06:09:59
	Btw, please excuse my previous sig.  I didn't realize it didn't
display properly on some terminals.  I'll try to remember to leave it off
from now on.  Now for my NetBSD problem(s).
	It's already been suggested to me to try different kernels to try
to get around this, but this has not worked.  To date, i have tried 5
different kernels, most 1.1 generics, the other one a 1.0A generic.
	here's the problem after the booter finishes and the kernel
starts up, it runs through my hardware etc, etc. After it assigns sd0 and
sd1 to my internal and external (the one with my root&user and swap
partitions on it) drives, respectively, I get a:

changing root device to sd1a
(newer kernels display the next line only)
sd1(ncrscsi 0:3:0 Does not support linked commands
panic: cannot mount root.

I have installed a kernel, the base package and the etc package and
created the devices. (Iv'e checked this a few times and reinstalled
everything more than once) and cannot for the life of me figure out where
I've gone wrong.  Any ideas?
As I've said before, I'm using a pretty standard IIci with 8 megs of ram
an extra display card (which I'm NOT using.  I switched to the internal
video) an FPU, and a cache card.  My root&user and swap partitions are
both on my external 3 gig drive on scsi ID 3.
	If anyone has any questions/comments/reccomendations, please let
me know.
	TIA