Subject: Re: it booted!
To: the boogeyman <boogeymn@psyber.com>
From: Ken Nakata <kenn@romulus.rutgers.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/09/1996 12:47:35
> ANSI is color text/graphics that can be displayed.

No, ANSI is the American National Standard Institution.  What you are
talking about is *an* ANSI stardard for character screen control
character sequences somewhat based on VT-100.

If you want colors, the only way is to log in from a terminal that
supports colors.  If you use PC as the terminal, tell the terminal
emulator that you want "ANSI" or "VT100" escape sequence support, and
set TERM (or term in csh) environment variable to "vt100" at NetBSD
side.

> like in linux all my
> dirs are blue, all my image files are pink, the textfiles are white,
> executables are green, etc...

Yes, a typical linuxism...  Personally a "yick" to me.

kenn