Subject: Linux on PDS PowerMacs
To: None <linux-ppc@meetpoint.aus.sps.mot.com, port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Julian Bean <jules@mailbox.co.uk>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/08/1996 08:24:07
Apologies for cross-mailing, but this discussion really ought to be
happening in Linux/PPC, and I didn't want to cut out those interested
parties reading NetBSD/mac68k.

Does/Will the Mach microkernel run on the PDS PowerMacs - the {5,6}{2,3}00
series?

My understanding of these machines is that their architecture is fairly
like the NuBus powermacs, so it shouldn't be too hard.

If this project is unclaimed, then a) who should I write to about it and b)
is there anyone else out there willing to help me sort it out.

I *want* to run unix on my 5200.  I nearly bought MachTen on the spot the
other day when I saw it running on a friend's machine, but it's a bit too
buggy re: modem support.

Secondly (ish) is the project looking for alpha or beta testers?  I am sure
there are quite a few willing testers on both these lists....

Jules

|  Jelibean aka  | jules@mailbox.co.uk           |  6 Evelyn Road      |
|  Julian Bean   |(jelibean@jmlbhome.demon.co.uk)|  TW9 2TF    *UK*    |
|  The Other Place - n. (pop.) Depending on the affiliation of the     |
|  speaker, one of Oxford, Cambridge, The House of Lords, The House of |
|  Commons, Hell.  Draw your own conclusions.                          |