Subject: New kernel to please test...
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/03/1996 21:55:52
I've incorporated a fix for a bug that Steve Weiss found in the
ethernet code, and a new implementation of delay() from Scott Reynolds.

These changes will be available in tomorrow's sup, but I'd appreciate
any feedback from people who would like to try a kernel that I've built.

It's on puma (puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us) in pub/outgoing/briggs under
the name "netbsd.please.test."  As usual, it's a raw kernel file.
Download it in binary mode and cpin with the installer or boot with it
from the MacOS.  Do not write over your working kernel.

I think that this will solve some of the SCSI and ethernet hangs (for
systems where ethernet works for a bit and then just hangs) that people
have seen--therefore, I would really appreciate it if people with
reproducible hangs of either type could try this kernel out and let me
know whether or not it helps.

Thanks,
-allen

BTW, I'm going to try to stick to consistent kernel numbering from here
on out.  This is GENERIC#0 from puma.

--
Allen Briggs - end killing - allen.briggs@bev.net ** MacBSD == NetBSD/mac68k **
   Where does all my time go?  <a href="http://www.netbsd.org/">Guess.</a>