Subject: Re: [Q] Who knows drive inof about PD drive
To: Ken Nakata <kenn@romulus.rutgers.edu>
From: Mamoru Yamanishi <yama@radical.biotech.okayama-u.ac.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/03/1996 01:58:57
>MKFS failed in what way?  What was the error message like?

Most of the disk information was set blank on default, except
Sector Size=0, Sector/Track=40, Tracks/cylinder=0, Num cylinders=0,
and File System Size=(partition size /512).  I also re-set sector size to
512, but I cannot format.

The error messages are

        Bytes_sector is 0
        Sectors Trak is 0
        Wild Ass Guess at sect/track
        Partition read, SCSIID=5
        optimization space
        formatting......
           no default #tracks

I don't know what values set in each parameters.  (All parameters
should not be set, I wonder, because most of them are blank when I
format other hard disks.)

>(I suspect that the PD drives are popular only in Japan... at least I
>don't remember seeing any ad of it in the US)

Funny!  I bought it from _USA_!  (It was the way to get PD drives more
chieaper than buying in Japan.  Sigh.)

Mamoru Yamanishi
yama@radical.biotech.okayama-u.ac.jp,
and also yama@cc.okayama-u.ac.jp, JBC00072@niftyserve.or.jp,
or YAMA24.GCJ@applelink.apple.com

Tel: +81-86-251-8196, Fax: +81-86-253-7399(GIII type)

Department of Biotechnology
Faculty of Engineering
Okayama University
Tsushima-Naka, Okayama 700