Subject: Weird Ethernet Stuff...(Performa 550)
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jell-O <wookie@us.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/01/1996 20:03:49
Hi,

Well I've got things running okay from a ZIP drive, using an old
vt220 terminal to login.  I finally had to remove my Sonic TWP
Ethernet card.  Magic!  It booted up without a problem.

Here's my question: Is there a way to ignore the card on boot or
is there a way to have the system not "disagree" with the card
being there?

By the way, I'm getting a lockup on boot when it looks at the card.
It gives the card's specs.

Anyone have any experience with Sonic cards?  Or am I gonna have to
go for an Asante?  I wish I knew more about Ethernet cards and NuBus
so that I would sound more educated on the subject.  :)

Thanks,

Jon
wookie@us.net