Subject: Re: started working on Mosaic. . . .
To: Chris Mason <cmason@map.com>
From: Adam Nicol Delu <abam@othello.sph.berkeley.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/01/1996 09:28:54
On Thu, 1 Feb 1996, Chris Mason wrote:

> >Yesterday I spent a few hours trying to compile NCSA Mosaic on my IIci.
> >I ran into some problems because the Xm libs are not available.
>
> I'd be really interested in having both Mosaic and motif.

I downloaded a version of mosaic for amiga that worked on my mac.
Somebody who reads this list posted it.  For now, I've stuck it on
ftp://othello.sph.berkeley.edu/incoming

Mosaic-2.6-2.bin10a.readme.
Mosaic-2.6-2.bin10a

Look around in there.

> What is motif exactly? I know its a widget set and lots of X apps want it
> to build... but is it freeware?  Commercially available?  Will it compile
> under MacBSD???

Payware.  !@#$

There's lesstif on its way, but suppposedly not there yet.  There's
something like 300,000 lines of code in motif.

You can get the source for motif from some universities I hear.

--Adam